Kobold Expedition Tools
The new Kobold Richard Byrd Automatic pays tribute to the great American naval aviator and polar explorer Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd. The watch features a black DLC-coated stainless steel case with domed sapphire crystal, screw-down crown and screw-locked caseback. It is powered by a Swiss automatic-winding mechanism.
Introductory offer for existing Kobold customers: $1,950. Watches begin shipping in November.
Designed, engineered, fabricated, assembled and tested in the United States from U.S. and imported components.
Canvas strap. 3 year warranty.
- surgical-grade (316L) stainless steel
- DLC-coated black coating
- sapphire crystal, domed, anti-reflective
- screw-down crown
- screw-locked caseback
- 40mm diameter
- 10mm height
- 20mm between lugs (strap size)
- water-resistant to 10 atmospheres (330 feet/100 meters)
- ETA 2824 (Swiss Made)
- Miyota 9015 (Made in Japan) for the Law Enforcement version